Top 5 GMAT MBA Articles
Week of Nov 25, 2011
Too many articles and not enough time? Top 5 GMAT / MBA articles this week, hand-picked by the team here at 30 Day GMAT Success, and delivered directly to your inbox.
1. What to Do if You Cannot Spot an Error on SC
Can’t spot the error in a Sentence Correction question? Try applying the VPIMPS – Verb Agreement, Parallelism, Idioms, Modifiers, Pronouns, Sentence fragments – approach to the question, and check the sentence for each error systematically.
2. Quarter Wit, Quarter Wisdom: Combinations with Constraints
Learn how to tackle combination questions with constraints through worked examples.
3. Monday Morning Essay Tip: More Show; Less Tell
Apply the old journalistic maxim “Show, don’t tell,” to your essay; focus on your actions instead of results to captivate the reader.
4. MBA Admissions Strategy Tip: Influence, Not Control
You may not be able to control all aspects of your MBA application, but presenting your merits and highlighting your uniqueness can help you stand out.
5. Smartly Handling HBS’ Setbacks Essay
In the first instalment of a six part series, find out how to approach some of the most challenging questions business schools ask applicants.